Common Legal Web Design Mistakes
A lot of people assume that designing a website is easy, and that they do not need to take a website design course. However, this could not be further from the truth. Below, we will take a look at some of the most common web design mistakes people make, thus highlighting why web design training is so important.
Alternatively, if you do not have the time to learn about designing a website for your legal firm yourself, you are recommended to use the services of an experienced website developer. Take a look at this website, Best WordPress Developers | WordPress Development | Ignite Digital, and you will be able to find out more about a team of professionals that can assist you and ensure you do not make any of the mistakes we are going to discuss below.
• Bad navigation – First and foremost, we have bad site navigation. This can be extremely damaging. If your site is hard to navigate, people will simply just leave. Instead, navigation should be instinctive, and this is something you will learn about when doing WordPress training or any other type of website design course. It’s also something that WordPress developers have tons of experience in. They know what works and what doesn’t.
• All gimmicks and no substance – Those who are not experienced in website design tend to create sites that are full of gimmicks and do not have any substance. If a site has all of the latest features and tech, from animations to sliders, but it does not have any content or substance, what’s the point? It will simply be distracting, with no user experience.
• Too much clutter – Do you know that 76 per cent of users value usability instead of a fancy web design? This is according to research by Hubspot. Make sure your website has space, is consistent, and is simple.
• A design that is out-of-date – Those who are experienced in the online design world know all about the latest trends, and how to stay up to date with them. They know what trends you should embrace; after all, you cannot simply jump on them all just for the sake of it. If you do this, your website will look messy and lack a sense of direction.
• Lack of responsive design – Responsive design is a must in the current day and age. This is another reason why you need to take a website design course. You will learn how to create websites that are optimised for use on all devices, from computers to mobile phones.
As you can see, there are a number of different mistakes that people make when it comes to their website design for their legal practice. Avoid the errors discussed and you can go a long way to achieving site success.